GladiatHers.com is a blog that provides commentary and newsworthy updates on women in sports and we’re looking for a youthful, technology savvy intern to manage and grow our social media presence!
The Social Media Intern will play an active role in the developing and growing GladiatHer.com’s online community by maintaining GladiatHer.com’s presence on various social media platforms and by helping to create and publish content that is relevant to our reader base. He/she will regularly analyze and report on the activity on social media networks as well as the GladiatHers.com website.
- Update GladiatHers.com’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Respond to posts or comments to bring value to reader’s interactions with GladiatHers.com.
- Post updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content.
- Perform research to find articles, stories, resources, and other content that are relevant to GladiatHers.com’s voice, mission and readership, and post that content to our social media feeds in a manner that invites conversation and interaction.
- Update Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts with current and relevant photos, video, and other content from GladiatHers.com activities and events.
- Help grow GladiatHers.com’s online social networks by increasing fan-base, followership and interactions.
- Completes other social media projects as assigned.
- Regularly observe the online activity of model blogs and news sites and researches, reports on and implements “social media best practices”.
- Complete other research projects as assigned.
Analytics and Reporting
- Use Google Analytics and/or WordPress to assess trends & activity on GladiatHers.com.
- Use Facebook Insights to assess trends & activity on GladiatHers.com’s Facebook page.
- Use Twitter Analytics to assess trends & activity on GladiatHers.com Twitter page.
- Reviews data on the performance of social media platforms & adjusts plans or strategies to optimize reach.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with WordPress & mainstream social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
- Experience with Microsoft applications, basic photo-editing and video-editing software, and internet browsers.
- Available to work remotely 5-10 hours per week.
- Personal Transportation
- Experience and/or education in Marketing, Communication or Public Relations
- In addition to the above requirements, an ideal candidate will have an interest in working in the sports industry and a strong desire to promote women and women in sports.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong social media presence of his/her own and have an interest in writing and/or reporting on sports and current events.
- The ideal candidate will live in the Atlanta metro area.
This is a part-time, paid internship that requires working remotely and the use of your own computer, mobile devices and internet access. The internship will last at least 6-months and may be extended based on interest and performance.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Cecelia Townes at firstname.lastname@example.org.